Phillip has over 25 years of experience in all forms of civil litigation, including complex and business litigation, environmental litigation, energy litigation, life and disability insurance law, ERISA litigation, products liability, medical device and pharmaceutical defense, and securities and brokerage litigation. Phillip began his legal career in 1988 as an associate attorney with Patrick Ryan's firm and became partner in the firm in 1993. Following Pat's tenure as the U.S. Attorney for the Western District of Oklahoma during the Oklahoma City Bombing trials, they reunited in 1999 to open a new practice to focus on commercial and business litigation.
Phillip has continued to focus his practice on complex and business litigation, and in recent years has become increasingly involved in environmental litigation. He has been fortunate to represent some of the nations and communities leading businesses in a wide variety of litigation as lead counsel in federal and state courts, and in various arbitration forums.
Phillip is admitted to practice in all federal and state courts in Oklahoma and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit. His experience and talents have resulted in Phillip being listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers the Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Environmental Litigation, ERISA Litigation, Labor and Employment Litigation, Securities Litigation, 2016 Oklahoma City Litigation-Securities Lawyer of the Year, and 2015 Oklahoma City Litigation- ERISA Lawyer of the Year).
- B.B.A., University of Oklahoma, with special distinction, 1983 (Beta Gamma Sigma)
- J.D., University of Oklahoma, with highest honors, 1988 (Oklahoma Law Review, Research Editor; Order of the Coif; Earl T. Warren Memorial Award; Teaching Assistant, Legal Research & Writing)
- Oklahoma Law Review, former member
- Oklahoma County Board of Directors, (Past Board Member, Continuing Legal Education and Fee Grievance & Ethics Committees), Oklahoma and American Bar Associations, Member (Sections on:Litigation, Tort and Insurance)
- Master, Luther Bohanon American Inn of Court
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation, Bet-the-Company Litigation, Environmental Litigation, ERISA Litigation, Labor and Employment Litigation, Securities Litigation, 2016 Oklahoma City Litigation-Securities Lawyer of the Year, and 2015 Oklahoma City Litigation- ERISA Lawyer of the Year).
- Named in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV
- Civil Litigation; Disability Insurance; Products Liability; Securities Litigation; Business Litigation; Complex Litigation; Environmental Litigation; Energy Litigation